SLFCU can help you gain the financial knowledge you need to succeed.
In the sections below, you'll find calculators that can help you make smart borrowing decisions, resources for managing a budget and improving your credit rating, links to credit union partners who can save you money, and more.
- Vehicle Affordability - Determine how much automobile you can buy based on your monthly payment, or calculate your loan payment based on your purchase price!
- Auto Loan Payments - Find out what your payments will be taking into account rebates, a trade-in, and down payment.
- Lease vs. Buy - Should you lease your next automobile or finance it?
- Auto Rebate vs. Low Interest Financing - Determine which special offer will benefit you most.
Credit Cards and Debt Management
- Credit Card Payoff - Determine how long it will take to pay off your credit card.
- Personal Debt Consolidation - Can you save money by consolidating your debt?
- Extra Payments - Determine how quickly making extra payments could help you pay off your debt.
- Amortizing Loan Calculator - Enter your desired payment - and let us calculate your loan amount or enter in the loan amount and we will calculate your monthly payment.
- Saving for College - How much should you be saving for college?
- Student Loan Repayment - Will you be able to pay back your student loans after graduating?
- Get a Personalized Quote - Get a personalized rate quote for a home loan from SLFCU.
- Extra Payments - Determine how much you could save in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
- Refinance Breakeven - Calculate how much interest you can save if you refinance your mortgage.
- Closing Costs & Interest Rate - Itemize closing costs and compare loans with different rates, fees or terms.
- SavvyMoney - Analyze your financial situation, understand your cash flow, and know where you stand with your debt.
Retirement Savings and Planning
- Retirement Savings Calculator - Calculate when your retirement savings account may be depleted, given a specified monthly income target.
- IRA Calculator - Determine whether or not you are eligible to contribute to both the Traditional IRA and Roth IRA and the maximum amount that may be contributed.
- How much do I need to save for retirement? - This pre-retirement calculator will help you determine how well you have prepared and what you can do to improve your retirement outlook.
- Savings Growth - See the effect of compounding interest on your savings.
- Share Insurance Calculator - See how much NCUA insurance coverage you have on your share accounts
- Savings Goals - What will it take to reach your savings goal?
- CD Analyzer - Use this calculator to help determine the potential interest growth and tax liability on your Certificate of Deposit.
- CD Laddering - CD laddering is a strategy that gives you the benefit of receiving the higher-interest crediting rates of longer term CDs but still provide you with some liquidity.
Resources for Managing Your Finances
These tools will help you understand and organize your financial life.
Improve Your Financial Health
- Savvy Money anonymous debt management tool and advice, including articles and videos from financial professionals
Protect Your Information
- The Federal Trade Commission ID Theft website
- Request a free credit report to check for fraudulent loans opened in your name.
Financial Tips During Significant Life Stages
- Discounted services from Turbo Tax and Jackson Hewitt
- IRS Resources for Individual Taxpayers
- IRS Forms & Publications
- IRS Free File
- New Mexico Taxation & Revenue
- State of California Franchise Tax Board
- Routing number for tax refund direct deposit: 307083911
More Help from SLFCU
Resources for Purchasing Your Next Car
When it comes to buying a car, we have the resources you’ll need to help you make a confident decision.
Calculate the Cost of Your Vehicle
- Vehicle Affordability - Determine how much automobile you can buy based on how much monthly payment you can afford, or calculate your loan payment based on your purchase price.
- Auto Loan Payments - Find out what your payments will be, taking into account rebates, a trade-in, and down payment.
- Lease vs. Buy - Should you lease your next automobile or finance it?
- Dealer Rebate vs. Low Interest Financing - Determine which special offer will benefit you most.
Select Your Vehicle
- AutoSMART vehicle research tools and car shopping resources
- Credit Union Auto Sales car-buying service in Albuquerque
- Independent Fleet Managers Association car-buying service in California
- NADA car pricing guide
Protect Your Vehicle
- TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) can help protect your investment if your vehicle is stolen or considered a total loss.
- Mechanical Repair Coverage helps pay for covered repairs on your car when an unexpected breakdown occurs.
- Borrower Protection Plan protects against loss of life, disability, and/or involuntary unemployment.
Some Advice from SLFCU
Home Buying Resources
Information to help guide you through the home buying process
Locate and Finance Your Next Home
- Search for a home, find a real estate agent, and earn a rebate with HomeAdvantageTM.
- Attend a no-cost seminar to learn about the home buying and financing process. View our seminar schedule.
- A Consumer's Guide to Buying Your First Home (video in English and Spanish)
- SLFCU's Adjustable Rate Mortgages are based on the 10-Year U.S. Treasury Note
Articles and Advice from SLFCU
- Mortgage FAQs from SLFCU - Answers to common home buying and financing questions with tips and advice from SLFCU's mortgage advisors
- Tips for saving faster for a down payment
- How much money to save for a down payment, and how to get there
- February 28th, 2017 (12:00 PM): Steering Towards Retirement with IRAs - Tech Park
- February 28th, 2017 (5:30 PM): Steering Towards Retirement with IRAs - Juan Tabo
- March 7th, 2017 (5:30 PM): SLFCU Annual Social - Livermore
- March 9th, 2017 (5:00 PM): Home Buying Open House - Juan Tabo
- March 21st, 2017 (12:00 PM): Retirement Income Planning - Tech Park
- March 21st, 2017 (5:30 PM): Retirement Income Planning - Juan Tabo
- March 24th, 2017 (9:00 AM): Credit Union Used Vehicle Sale - CU Auto Sales
- April 4th, 2017 (6:00 PM): Home Buying in New Mexico - Juan Tabo
- April 5th, 2017 (12:00 PM): Home Buying in New Mexico - Tech Park
- April 25th, 2017 (12:00 PM): Leave Nothing to Chance - Tech Park
- April 25th, 2017 (5:30 PM): Leave Nothing to Chance - Juan Tabo
- May 11th, 2017 (6:00 PM): Starting a Business - Juan Tabo
- May 20th, 2017 (10:00 AM): Shredding Event - Juan Tabo
- May 23rd, 2017 (12:00 PM): Securing Your Retirement - Tech Park
- May 23rd, 2017 (5:30 PM): Securing Your Retirement - Juan Tabo
- May 29th, 2017: Memorial Day - All Branches Closed
- June 22nd, 2017 (6:00 PM): Teen Seminar: Credit and Identity Theft - Juan Tabo
- June 27th, 2017 (12:00 PM): Retirement Savings for Women - Tech Park
- June 27th, 2017 (5:30 PM): Retirement Savings for Women - Juan Tabo
- July 4th, 2017: Independence Day - All Branches Closed
- September 4th, 2017: Labor Day - All Branches Closed
- October 9th, 2017: Columbus Day - All Branches Closed
- November 10th, 2017: Veterans Day - All Branches Closed
- November 23rd, 2017: Thanksgiving Day - All Branches Closed
- December 25th, 2017: Christmas Day - All Branches Closed
SLFCU offers for businesses:
- Merchant bankcard service for processing credit and debit card transactions
- Merchant teller service for multiple-item deposits and withdrawals in any SLFCU branch
- Online check imaging
- Online set-up of automatic payments and wire transfers, and ability to order cash online
- Account analysis for smart money management
- Third-party payroll processing through PayDay Inc.
Your business can become a Select Employee Group
- As a Select Employee Group (SEG) of SLFCU, you can offer SLFCU membership to all of your employees and their families.
- SLFCU membership is a no-cost employee benefit, providing better hiring opportunities, lower turnover, higher employee satisfaction and loyalty.
- SLFCU offers on-site financial seminars for your employees, at no cost.
- Learn how to qualify your company
We are committed to helping your business succeed. Below are resources that you may find helpful in beginning or maintaining your business.
- United States Economic Development Administration - resource listing for doing business in the United States.
- New Mexico Economic Development Department - resource listing for doing business in New Mexico.
- City of Livermore Economic and Redevelopment Department - resource listing for doing business in the Livermore, California area.
- Albuquerque Economic Development - resource listing for doing business in the greater Albuquerque, New Mexico area.
- California Association for Local Economic Development - resource listing for doing business in California.
- New Mexico Small Business Development Center
- California Small Business Development Center
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
Business Routing Number: 107089720