SLFCU Responds With a Record Year of Giving Back
Early in 2020, SLFCU identified several non-profit organizations in our New Mexico and California communities to receive grants and donations. Little did we know the difference these decisions would make as the year progressed. “While SLFCU has always donated to worthy organizations, philanthropy remained in the front of our thoughts and actions as the pandemic progressed,” says Melissa Stock, VP of Marketing. “We strove to thoughtfully choose organizations that we viewed as doing the most good within their communities and those who perhaps were being underappreciated,” she adds.
Including Meals on Wheels, the Native American Relief Fund, Habitat for Humanity, Toys for Tots, the Boys and Girls Ranch, the California Fire Foundation, and the Tri-Valley Food Pantry, by the end of 2020, SLFCU had given nearly $100,000 to over 31 organizations – more than it has ever given in a single year. “And don’t forget the 250 Thanksgiving turkeys we collected in partnership with Sandia National Laboratories for local food banks, too!” emphasizes Stock. “All of this giving was made possible by our amazingly generous members and employees. We will be forever grateful.”
SUBMIT A DONATION OR SPONSORSHIP REQUEST
Our 2021 philanthropy plans are in the works! If you’d like to request a grant or sponsorship from SLFCU for your non-profit group, please follow the steps below:
- Go to slfcu.org/AboutUs and click on "Community Involvement."
- Click the Submit Donation Request button at the bottom of the page.
- Complete and submit the request form.
- Each request form must be accompanied with supporting documentation, such as details about the requesting organization, the event for which you are seeking support, and any compelling information you want us to know when considering your request. Send your documentation to email@example.com.
- SLFCU will be notified when your form is submitted and will contact you within two weeks to let you know if we can or cannot grant the request. Your request must be received by SLFCU no later than 30 days prior to your deadline.
While we generally review donation and sponsorship requests weekly, please be patient.
To be considered, the request form must be filled out completely, and supporting documentation must be provided. A phone call won’t help you skip the line. We receive and carefully review hundreds of requests each year. Unfortunately, we cannot say yes to everyone. In considering requests, we try to align our dollars where we can do the most good and relate to the communities our branch locations serve.
« Return to "View All Articles"