Switch to eStatements and We’ll Plant a Tree
Help us reduce our paper usage!
For every account switched from paper to eStatements and eNotices by midnight, December 31, 2020, SLFCU will donate $1 to plant one tree in our National Forests. We’re grateful to the 1,125 members who registered for eStatements in September and October. If all SLFCU members switched to eStatements, we would save:
- 222,839 sheets of paper each month (that’s 2,228 pounds – more than a ton!)
- 24 trees which are felled each month to create a ton of paper*
- 669,000 gallons of water used each month to create 2,228 pounds of paper (that’s more than 3 gallons used for each sheet of paper!)**
SLFCU statements are available for secure viewing by logging in to your online or mobile banking account. You can also download and print two years of eStatements from your online account, and when you enroll in eStatements and eNotices, we'll send you an email notification as soon as the newest statement is available. Learn more at slfcu.org/eStatements.
ENROLLING IS EASY
- Log in to online banking and open the eDocuments widget. Click Overview, then click the gear icon under Manage Your eStatements and eNotices Preferences, and select Electronic for all accounts on which you are a primary owner.***
- In most cases, enrollment is immediate. However, you may receive any paper statement or notice generated before you enrolled.
- Not registered for online banking yet? Visit slfcu.org/OnlineBanking to get started.
* https://blog.greenoffice.co.za/the-environmental-costs-of-office-printing; Sade Moneron; Apr 20, 2017.
** https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/06/it-takes-more-than-3-gallons-of-water-to-make-a-single-sheet-of-paper/258838; June 2012.
*** Note: Only the primary owner can register an account for eStatements. If you have questions, please call our Contact Center at 505.293.0500 or 800.947.5328.
« Return to "View All Articles"