At SLFCU, we know how important the safeguarding of personal information is to our members, and we share your concerns. We are committed to protecting your privacy, whether you conduct your business with us electronically or in person at one of our branches. You have entrusted us with meeting your financial needs, and we understand that a critical part of our job in meeting your needs is respecting and preserving your privacy. SLFCU does not, and will not, sell any member information to list services, telemarketers, or outside companies. SLFCU does not share information collected on former members except as permitted or required by law.
We recognize the need to keep sensitive information secure and confidential, not only for all our members, but also for joint account owners, account fiduciaries, and beneficiaries. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to safeguard your non-public personal information. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy.
As required by federal law, we tell our members how we collect, share, and protect non-public personal information in our privacy notice, which is provided at account opening and annually. If you have any questions or concerns about SLFCU's privacy notice, please contact us at 505.293.0500, toll free at 800.947.5328, or e-mail email@example.com.
|FACTS||WHAT DOES SANDIA LABORATORY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does SLFCU share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes—
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes—
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your creditworthiness
|No||We do not share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union|
|What we do|
|How does Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Non-affiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
|Other Important Information|
|If you are a California resident, California state law gives you additional rights to limit information sharing even if such sharing is otherwise permitted under federal law. With respect to California residents, SLFCU allows you to limit our sharing your personal information in the following instances:
The only financial service SLFCU offers online to children under the age of 13 is financial education intended to support the child's financial literacy. SLFCU does not offer financial products (for example, credit cards or loans) directly to children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children online without express parental or guardian consent or notification.
If we receive online information from any child, we will only use the information to respond directly to a child's request or for the intended activity or contest. We recognize that protecting children's identities and online privacy is important and that responsibility rests with us and with parents.
If you believe your child has provided personally identifiable information to SLFCU online and you wish to review and delete such information, please contact us at 800.947.5328 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
California Consumers' Rights under the CCPA
Right to Notice
- As of January 1, 2020, you shall be informed, before or at the point of collection, about the personal information that is being collected.
Right to Know
- You have the right to request disclosure of the kinds of personal information that have been collected, used, disclosed, and sold. You have the right to request this information up to twice in a 12-month period at no charge and to receive the information in a form that is readily accessible.
Right to Opt-Out
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third-parties with whom we do business. However, SLFCU may share personal information as necessary to comply with federal law and for our ordinary business purposes.
Right to Request Deletion
- You may request the deletion of certain personal information. However, SLFCU may not comply with the request for deletion if the personal information is maintained for lawful reasons, such as providing a good or service you requested or complying with obligations under federal, state, or local law.
Right to Non-Discrimination
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you products or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for products or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of products or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for products or services or a different level or quality of products or services.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). Here are specific categories of personal information we may collect, depending on which SLFCU products and services you access or use.
|Category||Examples of the Kinds of Information We May Collect, Depending on the SLFCU Products and Services Accessed or Used|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80)||A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or veteran or military status.|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and/or biological characteristics or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, handprints, faceprints, and voiceprints.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Internet activity such as browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements based on internet activity or website interaction.|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history.|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Categories of Sources of Personal Information Collected
We obtain the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from consumers when they conduct business with SLFCU. For example, consumers provide documents and other information to us when applying for membership and other services and products;
- Indirectly from consumers. For example, we collect information from our members in the course of providing the services they have requested, such as debit cards;
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the products and services we provide, as well as interactions related to obligations required by law. For example, we receive information from consumer reporting agencies, government agencies, and other service providers.
Use of Personal Information for Our Business Purposes
We use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill and provide you the service(s) and/or product(s) for which the personal information was collected;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages (such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies) and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- To distribute voluntary polls and surveys;
- To communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by SLFCU and others, as well as provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- To audit the quality and efficacy of our work;
- To develop new products and services and enhance existing products and services;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of SLFCU and our members; and
- To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom Personal Information is Shared
We share your personal information as follows or as otherwise described in this notice:
- With third parties that host, maintain, manage, or provide other services to us in relation to our products and services;
- With third parties that provide financial products and services to our members;
- To cooperate with public and government authorities and law enforcement, to respond to a lawful request,
- or to provide information we believe is important; and
- For other legal reasons, such as to monitor compliance with and enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, to protect against potential or actual fraud, money laundering, terrorism, or other illegal activity, and for risk management purposes.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Categories of Personal Information Shared for Business Purpose
To effectuate our business purposes, SLFCU shares all of the categories of personal information identified in the table further above. Those categories are:
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80);
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law;
- Commercial information;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity;
- Geolocation data;
- Sensory data;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)); and
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
In special circumstances, SLFCU shares the following categories of personal information to allow a trusted partner to offer additional financial products or services to our members:
- Identifiers (like name and postal address);
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (like a telephone number);
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (like age and gender); and
- Commercial information (like whether you have a checking account).
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
You may exercise your right to know, right to opt-out, and/or right to delete at any time by submitting your name, account number, and request to SLFCU as follows:
- Complete and submit the CCPA Privacy Request form;
- Call us toll-free at 800.947.5328, or at 505.293.0500; or
- Come into one of our branches to have one of our friendly staff members assist you in submitting your request.
Please also see the “User-Enabled Privacy Controls Related to Advertising and Online Analytics” section further below for information about opting out of tracking of internet activity.
Your opt-out and deletion choice(s) will remain in place unless you state otherwise. However, the CCPA does not prohibit the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law or for our ordinary business purposes. This includes sending you information about our products and services.
Request Response Timing and Format
SLFCU endeavors to verify and respond to each verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you are enrolled in eStatements and eNotices, the requested information will be sent to the email address we have on file for you. If you are not enrolled in eStatements and eNotices, the requested information will be sent to your mailing address on file. Any response we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request. If applicable, the response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request.
User-Enabled Privacy Controls Related to Advertising and Online Analytics
Most of our services are not designed for children. Unless a parent or guardian chooses to open a primary or custodial account for a minor, we will not knowingly collect the personal information of a minor. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us without the consent of a parent or guardian, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Links to Other Websites
Our website (www.slfcu.org) may contain links to other websites. Please note that SLFCU is not responsible for the privacy or information security practices of other websites. You should carefully review the applicable privacy and information security policies and notices for any other websites you visit via our website.
Changes to This Notice
From time to time, we may revise this notice. Changes may be made for any number of reasons, including to reflect industry initiatives, changes in the law, and changes to the scope of our products and services, among other reasons. This notice was last updated in December 2019.
To submit a request, please visit our California Consumer Privacy Request form. If you have any other questions concerning this notice, please contact us by phone at 505.293.0500 or toll free at 800.947.5328, send a secure message through online banking, or email us at email@example.com.
“Cookies” are files that store information through a web browser on your computer and that allow a particular website to recognize that you have visited before. It makes it easier for your past activity on a website to be saved for future use. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. “Web Beacons” are used in in combination with Cookies to monitor the activity of website visitors in order to advertise products and services third-party websites.
SLFCU has implemented Cookies, Web Beacons, and other similar technology (collectively, “Data Collection Technology”) on our website and mobile app to help us improve your online experience. SLFCU uses data gathered about website activity (e.g., browser type, IP address, pages visited, the day and time of visit) to recognize past users and to make your experience with us more personalized. We also use Data Collection Technology to advertise better, either on our own website or on third-party sites, such as to help determine what advertisements might be appealing to you. SLFCU will treat any personal information collected through our use of Data Collection Technology in accordance with our privacy policies available on our website.
The Cookies we use may change from time to time. Cookies can be managed in your browser’s settings. Please note that if you disable Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the functions within the SLFCU website, such as online banking.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. SLFCU uses Remarketing and Google Ads as part of Google Analytics. Remarketing allows us to give you direct relevant advertising on third-party websites if you have visited the SLFCU website. Google Ads allow us to gather information about your visit to our website for our own advertising use. The Cookies used by this product collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.