Tax Season Help
SLFCU members can save up to $15 on TurboTax® federal products. Learn more.
State filing charges apply. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2020. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners. Visit http://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/yoy/guarantees.jsp for TurboTax product guarantees and other important information.
SLFCU's routing number is 307083911.
- IRS Resources for Individual Taxpayers
- IRS Forms & Publications
- IRS Free File
- New Mexico Taxation & Revenue
- State of California Franchise Tax Board
2020 IRA CONTRIBUTIONS
Make the most of your retirement savings by contributing the maximum yearly limit to your IRAs. For the 2020 tax year, you can contribute a total of $6,000 to Traditional or Roth IRAs. If you are over age 50, you can contribute an additional $1,000 “catch-up” contribution.
Please submit your IRA contribution in advance of the tax filing deadline to allow plenty of time to complete the necessary paperwork. IRA contributions for 2020 can be made until the tax filing deadline in May 2021. Please consult your tax advisor or financial advisor with questions about your individual tax circumstances.
If you don’t have an IRA, get started today. SLFCU offers traditional or Roth IRAs, Education Savings Accounts, and IRA Certificates. Open your IRA account with as little as $5.
INVESTMENT OPTIONS FOR YOUR IRAs
If you’re looking for higher yield opportunities for your retirement savings, talk to a financial professional with the MEMBERS Financial Services Program* located at SLFCU. Make an appointment by calling 505.237.7330.
* MEMBERS Financial Services Financial Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America. FR-2713558.1-0919-1021
Direct Deposits and Automatic Withdrawals
Automatic payment and withdrawal options on SLFCU accounts can include direct deposit of payroll funds or social security, tax refunds, utility bill payments, membership dues, and more. It’s important that the account numbers you use for these services are in a specific format, so funds are deposited to or withdrawn from the correct account. To set up a direct deposit or an automatic withdrawal from any of your SLFCU accounts, you will need the following information:
Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union's routing number: 307083911
To make a deposit or withdrawal with a savings account: If you'd like to make a deposit or withdrawal from your savings account, use the account number and product ID for that account. For example, if your savings account number is 1234567, and you would like your deposit to go to your 0002 savings account, enter your account number as 12345670002.
To make a deposit or withdrawal with a checking account: In online banking, select the Accounts widget and click on the account for which you'd like to set up the automatic withdrawal or direct deposit. Then select the Account Details tab and look for the "Auto WD & Direct Deposit #." You may also obtain this information by calling us or stopping by any branch.
How to find the correct account number in your checks: Use the number printed on the bottom of your checks as shown in the image below. The automatic withdrawal and direct deposit account number is in the red box on the right side of the check. The last number string – 01026 in the image below– is the number of that individual paper check and should not be used. SLFCU's routing number is in the red box on the left side of the check.
To select between a savings or checking account: When setting up a deposit or withdrawal with a company or agency, they will ask you to indicate if the account is savings or checking. Indicate the account type you would like the deposit or withdrawal to/from.
For tax refunds:
- When setting up a direct deposit for your tax return, specify if the account is savings or checking.
- All named recipients on the refund check must be owners or joint owners of the specified SLFCU account. A person who is not a joint owner on the account cannot deposit their refund into your SLFCU account.
Go to main navigation