Tax Season Help
SAVE ON TURBOTAX® AND H&R BLOCK® THIS TAX SEASON
Whether you prefer to file on your own with TurboTax or get help from an H&R Block tax pro, as an SLFCU member you can save money while getting your biggest possible refund.
- TurboTax: Save up to $15 when you file with TurboTax.1
- H&R Block: First-time H&R Block filers can receive $25 off their expert tax preparation. Returning H&R Block customers can add on the Tax Identity Shield® for free.2
SLFCU's routing number is 307083911.
- IRS Resources for Individual Taxpayers
- IRS Forms & Publications
- IRS Free File
- New Mexico Taxation & Revenue
- State of California Franchise Tax Board
2021 IRA CONTRIBUTIONS
Make the most of your retirement savings by contributing the maximum yearly limit to your IRAs. For the 2021 tax year, you can contribute a total of $6,000 to Traditional or Roth IRAs. If you are over age 50, you can contribute an additional $1,000 “catch-up” contribution.
Please submit your IRA contribution in advance of the tax filing deadline to allow plenty of time to complete the necessary paperwork. IRA contributions for 2021 can be made until the tax filing deadline on April 15, 2022. Please consult your tax advisor or financial advisor with questions about your individual tax circumstances.
If you don’t have an IRA, get started today. SLFCU offers traditional or Roth IRAs, Education Savings Accounts, and IRA Certificates. Open your IRA account with as little as $5.
INVESTMENT OPTIONS FOR YOUR IRAs
If you’re looking for higher yield opportunities for your retirement savings, talk to a financial professional with the MEMBERS Financial Services Program* located at SLFCU. Make an appointment by calling 505.237.7330.
* MEMBERS Financial Services Financial Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America. FR-2713558.1-0919-1021
Direct Deposits and Automatic Withdrawals
Automatic payment and withdrawal options on SLFCU accounts can include direct deposit of payroll funds or social security, tax refunds, utility bill payments, membership dues, and more. It’s important that the account numbers you use for these services are in a specific format, so funds are deposited to or withdrawn from the correct account. To set up a direct deposit or an automatic withdrawal from any of your SLFCU accounts, you will need the following information:
Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union's routing number: 307083911
To make a deposit or withdrawal with a savings account: If you'd like to make a deposit or withdrawal from your savings account, use the account number and product ID for that account. For example, if your savings account number is 1234567, and you would like your deposit to go to your 0002 savings account, enter your account number as 12345670002.
To make a deposit or withdrawal with a checking account: In online banking, select the Accounts widget and click on the account for which you'd like to set up the automatic withdrawal or direct deposit. Then select the Account Details tab and look for the "Auto WD & Direct Deposit #." You may also obtain this information by calling us or stopping by any branch.
How to find the correct account number in your checks: Use the number printed on the bottom of your checks as shown in the image below. The automatic withdrawal and direct deposit account number is in the red box on the right side of the check. The last number string – 01026 in the image below– is the number of that individual paper check and should not be used. SLFCU's routing number is in the red box on the left side of the check.
To select between a savings or checking account: When setting up a deposit or withdrawal with a company or agency, they will ask you to indicate if the account is savings or checking. Indicate the account type you would like the deposit or withdrawal to/from.
For tax refunds:
- When setting up a direct deposit for your tax return, specify if the account is savings or checking.
- All named recipients on the refund check must be owners or joint owners of the specified SLFCU account. A person who is not a joint owner on the account cannot deposit their refund into your SLFCU account.
1Visit turbotax.intuit.com/lp/yoy/guarantees.jsp for TurboTax product guarantees and other important information. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2021. Discount applies to TurboTax federal products only. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service, and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
2Void if sold, purchased, or transferred and where prohibited. No cash value. Valid at participating U.S. offices only. A new client is an individual who did not use H&R Block or Block Advisors office services to prepare their 2020 tax return. Discount valid only with or for preparation of an original 2021 personal income tax return. Tax Identity Shield terms, conditions, and limitations apply. Coupon must be presented prior to completion of initial tax interview. Discount may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires October 15, 2022. OBTP#B13696 ©2021 HRB Tax Group, IncGo to main navigation