Why Choose SLFCU?
…because smart and responsible looks good on you.
People often ask why they should join SLFCU – what makes us different than any other financial institution? SLFCU’s secret is our deep and caring connection to our members. Low interest rates, no or low fees, opportunities for financial education, and up-to-date products make this a great place to manage your money. We believe it is the respect with which we treat your finances – and ours – that makes SLFCU significantly different.
Check Out a Few Reasons Why More Than 131,000 Members Trust Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union.
WE LIKE YOU, TOO!
- Almost 94% of surveyed members are either extremely or very satisfied with SLFCU’s products and services (Medallia Net Promoter Relationship Survey, Q3 2021).
- Forbes ranked SLFCU as the #1 credit union in New Mexico in 2019 and 2020, and a Best-in-State Credit Union for 2021. The ranking is based in part on member feedback.
SCIENTISTS, DOCTORS, FANTASTIC HUMANS LIKE YOU – NEARLY ALL CAN JOIN!
- For more than 73 years, SLFCU has served Sandia National Laboratories. However, you need not work at the Labs to qualify for membership. Employees of more than 1,100 partner companies are also eligible to join. Learn who can join.
WE’RE LOCAL AND CARE ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY, LIKE YOU DO.
- SLFCU is raising $200,000 to help fund a full-time teacher for UNM Children’s Hospital. Learn more.
- We provide grants to more than 50 charitable organizations each year. In 2020, we gave more than $100,000 to 31 non-profit organizations in New Mexico and California who are helping take care of those in need during the pandemic.
- Millions of dollars in SLFCU commercial lending deals are helping to keep the economy growing.
- Over 25-plus years, we’ve given out more than $150,000 in scholarships – a significant investment in almost 300 of our young members. Learn more.
WE’RE THE REAL DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO HOME OWNERSHIP.
- Whether you're a first-time home buyer, have a growing family, need to downsize, or are looking to refinance, SLFCU has a loan with a great rate that meets your needs. Learn more.
- Zero, zip, zilch: SLFCU members NEVER pay private mortgage insurance (PMI). Learn more.
WE WANT YOU TO KEEP MORE OF YOUR MONEY.
- Super-low credit card interest rates with monthly rebate options and no-fee checking and savings accounts. View current rates.
- $30,000,000 was returned to our members through two special dividends over 3 years.
FINANCIAL FITNESS IS A PART OF OUR DAILY EXERCISE ROUTINE.
- 25 consecutive years of earning BauerFinancial’s “Five-Star” superior rating. According to this prestigious group, SLFCU is “one of the safest, most secure financial institutions in the U.S.”
- SLFCU’s operating expenses are well below our peer credit unions and the financial industry at large.
- At SLFCU, we think hard before we spend money – just like you do.
LOCATION(S), LOCATION(S), LOCATION(S).
- Ten conveniently located SLFCU branches in New Mexico and California. View locations.
- SLFCU is part of a network of more than 5,500 shared branches and 30,000 ATMs nationwide. Learn more.
Apply in 3 Steps
Already an SLFCU Member?
Log In to Online Banking
Please log in using your online banking credentials and navigate to the Quick Apply icon to begin your application. If you'd like to continue with your application without logging in, click here to apply.
If you are currently not enrolled for online banking, visit slfcu.org/OnlineBanking or call 505.293.0500 or 800.947.5328 to enroll.
Non-Members and ACU Members
Apply for SLFCU Membership and/or a Loan below:
Become a member to receive smart financial products with outstanding personal service from an organization you can trust.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.