Why Choose SLFCU?
…because smart and responsible looks good on you.
People often ask why they should join SLFCU – what makes us different than any other financial institution? SLFCU’s secret is our deep and caring connection to our members. Low interest rates, no or low fees, opportunities for financial education, and up-to-date products make this a great place to manage your money. We believe it is the respect with which we treat your finances – and ours – that makes SLFCU significantly different.
Check Out a Few Reasons Why More Than 110,000 Members Trust Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union.
WE LIKE YOU, TOO!
- 90.3% of surveyed members this year were either extremely or very satisfied with SLFCU’s products and services.
SCIENTISTS, DOCTORS, FANTASTIC HUMANS LIKE YOU – NEARLY ALL CAN JOIN!
- For more than 71 years, SLFCU has served Sandia National Laboratories. However, you need not work at the Labs to qualify for membership. Employees of more than 1,100 partner companies are also eligible to join.
WE’RE LOCAL AND CARE ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY, LIKE YOU DO.
- We raised $80,000 in 2019 to help fund a full-time teacher for UNM Children’s Hospital and we’ve committed to raising a total of $200,000 for this cause. And, SLFCU provides grants to more than 50 charitable organizations each year.
- $358 million in SLFCU commercial lending deals help keep our economy growing.
WE’RE THE REAL DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO HOME OWNERSHIP.
- 3 to 5% – that’s all you need to put down on a home loan with SLFCU.
- Zero, zip, zilch: SLFCU members NEVER pay private mortgage insurance (PMI).
WE WANT YOU TO KEEP MORE OF YOUR MONEY.
- Super low credit card interest rates and no-fee checking and savings accounts.
- $30,000,000 was returned to our members through two special dividends over 3 years.
FINANCIAL FITNESS IS A PART OF OUR DAILY EXERCISE ROUTINE.
- 24 consecutive years of earning BauerFinancial’s “Five-Star” superior rating. According to this prestigious group, SLFCU is “one of the safest, most secure financial institutions in the U.S.”
- SLFCU’s operating expenses are well below our peer credit unions and the financial industry at large. At SLFCU, we think hard before we spend money – just like you do.
- #1 credit union in New Mexico as ranked by Forbes in 2019 and 2020.
LOCATION(S), LOCATION(S), LOCATION(S).
- 11 conveniently located SLFCU branches plus a network of more than 5,500 shared branches and 30,000 ATMs nationwide.
Apply in 3 Steps
Already a Member? Apply Now.
Please log in below using your online banking credentials and navigate to the Quick Apply icon to begin your application. If you’d like to continue with your application without logging in, click here to apply.
If you are currently not enrolled for online banking, visit slfcu.org/OnlineBanking or call 505.293.0500 or 800.947.5328 to enroll.
Not a member? Apply for membership and a loan below.
Become a member to receive smart financial products with outstanding personal service from an organization you can trust.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.