Qualify Your Company
It's Easy to Qualify Your Company for Membership
A HIGH-VALUE EMPLOYEE BENEFIT AT NO COST TO YOU
As a partner company of SLFCU, you can offer SLFCU membership to all of your employees and their families. SLFCU membership is a no-cost employee benefit, providing better hiring opportunities, lower turnover, and higher employee satisfaction and loyalty.
HOW TO QUALIFY
- Address the letter to the SLFCU Board of Directors.
- The letter must include your business' physical address.
- The letter must be signed by an official representative of your company or local division, identified by title (e.g., President, CEO, Albuquerque Manager).
- You may mail the letter to the address provided on the sample letter, or email it to email@example.com.
- The letter should include:
- The reason your company chose SLFCU as an employee benefit. (Examples: branch proximity; employees who are comfortable with using our free computer home banking program; company's technology mission; other businesses in the CU's field of membership)
- The approximate number of employees at your facility
- The type of business your company conducts
- How many miles your company or local division is located from an SLFCU branch and the address of the SLFCU location nearest to your office (branch locations)
- The name of the person we should contact if your company is approved, including title, email address, and phone number
- If your company or local division has more than 3,000 employees, you must also include a statement that you do not provide any other credit union for your employees, and the reasons why your company cannot start its own credit union.
Requests are reviewed weekly by our Board of Directors. Following Board approval, your request will be submitted online to the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NCUA approval can take up to 14 business days following the Board of Director's decision. We'll let you know the final decision as soon as possible.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR NEW BENEFITS
- On-site enrollment and information sessions
- New hire packet information
- Payroll inserts announcing Credit Union benefits
- Presentation at staff meetings
- On-site, no-cost financial seminars (Please let us know if specific topics are of particular interest to your employees.)