Here are some known issues we are working on and answers to members’ frequently asked questions.
- Deposit, withdrawal, transfer, and payment forms are no longer needed for in-branch transactions. Simply tell the representative what you’d like to do, and we will be happy to assist you. For privacy, you may provide your name or swipe your debit card instead of stating your account number.
- Credit card eStatements sent to Comcast and Cox email addresses were recently blocked by the email providers. As a result, members may have received a letter stating that their email address was invalid. If you have a Comcast or Cox email address, please disregard the letter. We are working with the providers to resolve the issue.
- Merchandise returns that were credited to a member’s debit card are currently displaying the amount of the return credit in the withdrawal or debit column in online banking. These returns are being applied to the account correctly and balances are being updated appropriately. SLFCU is researching the possibility of having these credits moved to the credit column.
- In certain cases, direct deposits may be going into a member’s savings account instead of the desired checking account. In addition, distributions from direct deposits to other SLFCU accounts and loans may have been duplicated in error. We are working on correcting these issues and apologize for the inconvenience. Any service charges generated as a result of these errors will be reversed. If you identify a transaction which appears incorrect, please contact us so we can ensure your account is functioning as you intend.
- If you are setting up a new direct deposit, we recommend depositing all funds into your savings or checking account, and scheduling automatic transfers to other savings or loan accounts in online banking. In addition to being able to view upcoming and completed transfers in online banking, this process will give you more control over your deposits and payments.
- Members with the following types of accounts associated with their Social Security number are now able to view the additional accounts in online banking:
- Conservator accounts for which the member is the Conservator
- Custodial accounts for which the member is the Custodian
- Estate accounts for which the member is the Personal Representative or Executor
- Multiple/additional primary accounts on which the member is the primary owner
- Organizational/Club Accounts set up under the member’s Social Security number
- Representative Payee Accounts for which the member is the Representative Payee
- Trust accounts set up under the member's Social Security number
- At this time, mobile deposits are available only for a member’s main primary account; bill pay is available for any primary checking account. We hope to make these services available for other accounts in the future.
- At this time, members are not able to view accounts in which they have joint ownership. We are evaluating this option for a possible future enhancement.
- SLFCU allows members in good standing to skip up to two months’ payments per eligible loan in any rolling 12-month period. There is a $25 service charge per month skipped, which must be paid from a savings or checking account at the time skip-a-pay is requested; we are no longer able to add the fee to the loan balance. Interest will continue to accrue on the loan. For details, visit slfcu.org/SkipAPay.
- Statements for Home Equity and Signature CreditLines are sent 15 days prior to the loan’s due date. These loans are not included on the monthly statement.
- eStatements are currently available in online banking. You may see some differences in how information is displayed on your statements; if you believe there is an error on your statement, please follow the instructions on the last page of the statement.
- At this time, all account notices are being sent by physical mail. We are working to restore eNotices for members who have requested them.
« Return to "View All Articles"