Five Great Times to Buy a Vehicle
If you’re planning to buy a new vehicle, carefully timing your shopping may help you secure the best deal. Visiting dealers when they are most willing to negotiate could save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. Here are some good times to consider as you shop for your new car or truck:
- End of the calendar year: New car sales have slowed during the pandemic. You’re more likely to get the best price as dealerships are trying to reduce overall inventory before the new year.
- End of the month or quarter: The auto sales industry took a big hit earlier this year due to COVID-19. A salesperson may be trying to meet sales goals or earn an end of year bonus.
- When the dealership isn’t busy: Demand is lower when it’s raining or snowing, and early in the week rather than the weekends. Salespeople will be able to give you more attention.
- End of the day: If you are committed to buying that day, the salesperson may be more willing to negotiate in order to close a sale and head home.
- Around a holiday: Dealerships often have special sales for holidays like Black Friday or New Year’s Eve.
Getting pre-approved for your auto loan could give you even more negotiating power at the dealership. You can apply for pre-approval and get a quick response to start shopping right away. Plus, when you finance with SLFCU, you’ll make no payments for the first 90 days. That means no payments until 2021! Apply today at slfcu.org/AutoLoans.
« Return to "View All Articles"