Security and Your SLFCU Accounts: Our Top Priority
Recent world events have put financial institutions in the United States and Europe on alert for potential cyberattacks. We want to assure you that the security of your SLFCU accounts is our top priority. Following are some of the many precautions we are taking.
- We follow security best practices employed by the financial industry.
- We have an experienced staff of technology professionals dedicated to safeguarding member data, and all of our employees are required to complete regular cybersecurity training.
- Our network and systems are continually monitored for unusual activity.
- Business continuity plans are in place that detail our response procedures in the event of an attack.
- The U.S. banking industry has strong regulations in place, which means that many financial institutions, like SLFCU, have safeguards against cyber fraud.
As a reminder, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency created by Congress to regulate credit unions, insures your deposits up to $250,000 per depositor, per financial institution in the event of a credit union failure.
MEMBERS CAN HELP SAFEGUARD THEIR ACCOUNTS, TOO
SLFCU’s online and mobile banking system is equipped with a number of security features to help you safeguard your data. Two-factor authentication offers an additional layer of security by requiring you to type in a one-time code that is sent by email, SMS text message, or voice call.
- Use two-factor authentication.
- Change your passwords regularly and ensure they are strong/complex.
- Don't use the same password across multiple sites.
- Remember: SLFCU will never call, text, or email you to request your personal or banking information. If you receive a text message, email, or phone inquiry purporting to be from SLFCU, please let us know immediately.
WANT MORE? READ THESE RELATED ARTICLES
« Return to "Security"